Professional and Public Relations Committee Chair - NMLW Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President; Board Liaison - President-elec
TERM OF OFFICE: One year, may be reappointed for a second term; Additional terms must be approved by the Board.
A. Serve as a non-voting member on the ASCLS -MI Board of Directors.
B. Distribute information and promote public understanding of clinical laboratory science.
C. Act as a liaison with the communication media and professional or public organizations.
D. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
E. Submit a budget recommendation and financial statement when requested by ASCLS -MI Finance Chair.
F. Submit written reports for each ASCLS -MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
G. Attend all ASCLS -MI Board Meetings and ASCLS -MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Distribute information and promote the profession.
A. Distribute information about National Medical Laboratory Week (NMLW).
1) Request proclamation for NMLW from the Governor.
2) Encourage District Representatives to
a) Request proclamation from local mayors.
b) Work with hospitals/laboratories to recognize NMLW with special events.
3) Distribute NMLW supplies as requested and as available.
4) Submit press releases to news media--radio, T.V., newspapers, etc.
B. Provide information on ASCLS -MI and the profession.
1) Arrange for presentations in hospitals, laboratories, schools and other professional groups and in the public arena.
2) Serve as state contact person for National Public and Professional Relations Committee correspondence and supplies.
3) Liaison with the media.
2. Maintain files on ASCLS/ASCLS -MI policies on current topics.
3. Assist with the development of Position Papers related to the profession.
4. Maintain a supply of envelopes, packing materials and ASCLS -MI Medical Laboratory Week supplies.
5. Transfer all files and supplies to newly appointed Chair.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES:
Refer to General Time Frame and
Dec &/or Feb Newslinks – deadline 10th Article about NMLW and source for supplies.