The 2016 Region IV Leadership Conference -- Leadership Through Service -- will focus on providing key leadership concepts to help current and future leaders of ASCLS be more successful.
This year's conference is Saturday, November 5, 2016 in Columbus, OH.
The purposes of ASCLS-Michigan are:
- To promote standards in clinical laboratory methods and research, and in affiliated fields;
- To enhance the professional status and image of its members
- To create mutual understanding and cooperation among the society and its members and all others who are engaged in the interests of individual and public health;
- To be responsible for providing educational programs in the clinical laboratory and related sciences and to assist at maintaining standards of competence at all levels;
- To represent the interests of the clinical laboratory and affiliated professions and the members of the Society in all government and other forums that affect those interests;
- To establish and promote ethical standards for the professions represented; and
- To provide aid and benefit to all members of said professions.
- Our state society's purposes and objectives are similar to those of ASCLS's in order to carry out National's goals and philosophy at our state level.
- Our Society strives to key into our own state members needs when determining short and long range goals for the Society.
- As a constituent society of the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science, ASCLS -Michigan shares in the following mission statement:The mission of ASCLS is to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure excellence in the practice of laboratory medicine