The purposes of ASCLS-Michigan are:
- To promote standards in clinical laboratory methods and research, and in affiliated fields;
- To enhance the professional status and image of its members
- To create mutual understanding and cooperation among the society and its members and all others who are engaged in the interests of individual and public health;
- To be responsible for providing educational programs in the clinical laboratory and related sciences and to assist at maintaining standards of competence at all levels;
- To represent the interests of the clinical laboratory and affiliated professions and the members of the Society in all government and other forums that affect those interests;
- To establish and promote ethical standards for the professions represented; and
- To provide aid and benefit to all members of said professions.
- Our state society's purposes and objectives are similar to those of ASCLS's in order to carry out National's goals and philosophy at our state level.
- Our Society strives to key into our own state members needs when determining short and long range goals for the Society.
- As a constituent society of the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science, ASCLS -Michigan shares in the following mission statement:
The mission of ASCLS is to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure excellence in the practice of laboratory medicine