RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President; Board Liaison is Past President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year
ADVISED BY: Past President and Student Activities Chair
A. Serve as a voting member on the ASCLS-MI Board of Directors. 1
B. Act as liaison between state student membership and the Board of Directors. 1
C. Direct ASCLS-MI approved activities on a student membership level.
D. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
E. Submit written report for each ASCLS-MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Student Forum and ASCLS-MI Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS-MI Board Meetings, ASCLS-MI Student Forum and ASCLS-MI Annual
1. Act as the state contact for ASCLS Student Forum Chair.
2. Work with Student Activities Committee to:
a. Inform Medical Technology students in Michigan of ASCLS/ ASCLS-MI and encourage membership.
b. Maintain an ongoing communication with student members by preparing and disseminating communications by means of the Newslinks and/or special means.
c. Arrange for fund raising events to support student activities.
3. Plan and preside over the Student Forum meeting at the ASCLS-MI Annual Meeting.
4. Attend the ASCLS annual meeting (end of term) as a delegate. If unable to attend, notify the ASCLS-MI President in a timely manner.
5. Submit budget recommendation and financial report as requested by the Finance Chair.
6. Transfer files to newly elected Student Forum Representative.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame.