RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year, maximum of two consecutive terms.
A. Serve as voting member of Board of Directors and the Executive Committee. 1
B. Record the minutes of meetings of the ASCLS-MI Board of Directors and the ASCLS-MI Annual Membership Meetings. 1
C. Board Liaison to: Handbook, Publication, Bylaws and Historian.
D. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
E. Submit written report for each ASCLS-MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS-MI Board Meetings, ASCLS-MI Annual Membership Meeting and Region IV Council meetings.
1. Secretarial Duties:
A. Record, transcribe and maintain permanent records of all minutes of Board of Directors, Executive Committee and General Membership meetings.
B. Ensure that the minutes are organized with the following content:
1.) Time of call to order
2) Date and location of meeting
3) List of attendees
4) Committee reports to include all corrections/additions
5) Motions and actions on business of motion
6) Summary of discussions
7) Summary of verbal reports
8) Points of information
9) Agreement of consensus items
11) Time of adjournment
C. Bring file containing all minutes to all meetings and provide as requested.
D. Send a draft copy of the minutes within 30 days of meeting to the President and Executive Secretary for review. Send final copy of minutes to President and Executive Secretary for distribution to all board of directors members.
E. As directed by the President or Board of Directors, initiate special correspondence.
F. Maintain inventory of all motion forms written and/or presented during the meetings.
G. Give copy of all motions to the Handbook Chair.
2. Participate in the planning and decision-making processes.
3. Advise Board Members regarding past motions.
4. Submit budget recommendation and financial report as requested by the Finance Chair.
5. Transfer files to newly elected Secretary.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame.