Reports and Forms
A. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A.Committee report forms are available from the Executive Secretary. The report should contain the following:
1. "American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science-Michigan" at the top of the page2. Body to which report is being submitted eg. ASCLS-Michigan Board of Directors ASCLS-Michigan Membership3. Committee or position name4. Time period covered - should be cumulative beginning with first day of current fiscal year eg. August 1, 20xx through January 25, 20xx.5. Name of person submitting the report6. Name/s of committee members7. Summary of activities8. Requests for action/discussion Include requests for specific action in the form of a motion. Begin with the phrase "I move that the ASCLS-Michigan Board of Directors…"9. Concerns-bring matters to the attention to the Board10. Attachments--such as committee or other organization meeting minutes11. Electronic copies are preferred (Microsoft WORD or EXCEL); email to the Executive Secretary and the President by the due date prior to the Board meeting
Distribution of copies:
1st copy--Executive Secretary for inclusion in the agenda book2nd copy—ASCLS-Michigan President3rd copy--Committee's file
B. PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF BOARD REPORT
I. The Functions of the BoardA. To establish policyB. To plan activitiesC. To monitor implementation
II. The Purpose of the Report to the BoardA. To report on progress of planned activitiesB. To report on implementation of policiesC. To raise issues of concern for which policy should be establishedIII. The Board ReportA. Must be in written form; prefer electronic copy (Microsoft WORD or EXCEL)B. Must be submitted by mail or electronically by the deadline before the meeting date - send original to Executive Secretary for copying and send copy to President1. Allows the President to set the agenda and request any pertinent data or information be available at the Board Meeting2. Allows for dissemination of the agenda packet for review by all Board members before the meetingC. Form derives from function1. Names committee/office, chairperson and time period covered by the report. Time period covered should be cumulative beginning with the first day of the fiscal year. 2. Activities-List major activities of the committee or chaira. Allows the Board to monitor that required activities are being completed3. Report-Describes plans for or progress of assigned projects/activitiesa. Typically the summer meeting report emphasizes plans since the committee has only been functioning since the late springb. Typically the winter report emphasizes progress on the planned or assigned activities.4. Requestsa. For discussion-if the committee desires input for the Board for a decision which the committee will makeb. For action-should be written in the form of a motion for items requiring Board approval, eg:1) Any activity requiring funds that are not already approved and budgeted2) To assign responsibility for activities which are not part of a standing committee or officer's duties3) To establish a new policy5. Concerns-provides an opportunity to bring issues of concern, not requiring discussion at this time, to the attention of other Board membersD. The Year End Report for the Annual Board Meeting
1. Should follow the same form to cover the time period since the last report2. Should summarize the entire year's activities and progress in the Report section
C. BOARD OF DIRECTORS REPORT
D. GUIDELINES FOR MSCLS FINANCE AND TREASURY REQUESTS
These guidelines are for ASCLS-MI officers, Executive Secretary, committee chairs, committee members and Board members. Expenses exceeding the budgeted amount will not be reimbursed unless approved by the Executive Committee or the ASCLS-MI Board of Directors.
All requests for financial transactions must be APPROVED FIRST by the appropriate officer, committee chair, or district officer. This approval must be documented for that office, committee, district, etc., for the end-of-the-year financial report (see the Financial Record Form).
All approved requests must be reviewed and documented by the Finance Chair.
All approved and reviewed requests will be processed and documented by the Treasurer following approval by the Finance Chair.
A. REQUESTS FOR RECEIPTS - "DEPOSITS":
1. Document source and amount in the "Income" column on the Financial Record Form.2. Fill out a Deposit slip.
-Identify source of receipt (income).-Indicate Committee/Office, etc. and Account number.
3. Mail both the deposit slip and check/s or money order/s or hand deliver to the appropriate Officer, Committee Chair, District Officer, etc., for approval.
B. REQUESTS FOR REIMBURSEMENT:
1. Document description of expense incurred, record the amount of the expenditure, note the date the request was submitted to the appropriate Officer, Committee Chair, District Officer, etc., on the Financial Record Form.2. Complete a Request for Reimbursement Form.-Record name of office, committee, district, etc., and account number.
-Document the amount for each item and indicate "yes or no" for "Receipt".-Total the amount of the reimbursement.-Indicate the name and address to whom the reimbursement is to be sent.-Sign your name.
3. Deliver the reimbursement request and all receipts to the appropriate Officer, Committee Chair, District Officer, etc.
If you are paying the expenses yourself, indicate this on both the Financial Form, and the Request for Reimbursement Form.
If the bill is to be sent directly to the Treasurer, indicate this on the Financial Form; complete and process the Request for Reimbursement Form as above.
If funds are transferred from one account to another, all 3 forms are to document this request. Process all forms as above. Additionally, a copy of the deposit slip is to be sent to the receiving Officer, Committee Chair, District Officer, etc.
E. FINANCIAL REPORT FORM
This form is to be submitted to the Finance Chair upon request. Forms are included in section VIII. Of the ASCLS-MI Handbook or from the Finance Chair, Treasurer or Executive Secretary.
The following information should be completed:
1. Name of committee or office.
2. Name of person submitting the report.
3. Income Section:
a. Income account number (see Chart of Accounts)b. Annual budgeted income (see financial report).
c. List of income items, date and amounts.d. Total income.
4. Expense Section:
a. Expense account number (see Chart of Accounts).b. Annual budgeted expense (see financial report).c. List of expense items, dates and amounts.d. Total expenses.
5. Signature of person submitting the report.
Distribution of copies:
Your file copy