Publications Committee Chair/Editor
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President; Board Liaison - Secretary
TERM OF OFFICE: Two years, may be reappointed for a second term; Additional terms must have Board approval. 1
A. Serve as a non-voting member on the ASCLS -MI Board of Directors. 1
B. Oversee the activities of all ASCLS -MI publications. 1
C. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
D. Submit a budget recommendation and financial statement when requested by ASCLS -MI Finance Chair.
E. Submit written reports for each ASCLS -MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS -MI Board Meetings and ASCLS -MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Prepare and distribute ASCLS -MI bi-monthly publication of Newslinks
A. Set and meet deadlines for printing.
B. Select editorial board.
C. Review copy submitted to verify contents do not violate principle or philosophy of the Society.
D. Communicate with printer and mailing service for publications.
2. Develop, implement and maintain policies concerning contents of Society publications.
3. Work with the Convention Committee in the preparation and distribution of fliers, programs, etc.
4. Maintain records of expenses and submit for reimbursement in accordance with guidelines.
5. Assist board and committee chairs with printing activities.
6. Arrange for ASCLS -MI stationary printing as directed by Executive Secretary.
7. Transfer files and supplies to newly appointed chair/editor.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame