RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year, elected by membership
A. Serve as voting member of the ASCLS-MI Board and Executive Committee, ASCLS Region IV Council and ASCLS President’s Council.
B. Be familiar with the activities of ASCLS-MI and ASCLS including Region IV Council and the duties the office of ASCLS-MI President.
C. At the direction of the President, serve on standing, special and ad hoc committees.
D. At the direction of the President, serve as board liaison to other Allied Health Professional Societies.
E. Assume Presidential office and perform necessary duties in the absence of the President.
F. Board Liaison to: Career Recruitment, PPR/NMLW, Scientific Assembly, Nominations and Membership.
G. Serve as a member of the Government Affairs Committee. 2
H. Select site and sign hotel contract for annual meeting to be held during term as Past President.
I. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
J. Submit written report for each ASCLS-MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
K. Attend all ASCLS-MI Board Meetings, ASCLS-MI Annual Membership Meeting, Region IV Council and ASCLS President’s Council.
1. Assume the Presidency in the event of a vacancy in the Office of the President. 1
2. Review position description of President.
3. Prepare and organize for the Presidential Year:
A) Select committee chairs for appointment following the ASCLS-MI Annual Meeting.
B) Prepare brief address for inception of the Presidential Office.
C) Make plans for the year, set goals and objectives:Strategic planning at winter board meeting.
D) Conduct leadership conference at Fall Board Meeting. 2
E) Become familiar with the activities of all committees and general functions of board members.
F) Become knowledgeable concerning Society activities by reviewing the following:
1) ASCLS-MI and ASCLS General Operating Procedures.
2) ASCLS-MI and ASCLS Bylaws and Regulations.
3) ASCLS-MI Handbook
4) Robert's Rules of Order.
5) Policy manual.
6) Pertinent contractual documents.
7) Legal history.
4. Review agendas and minutes of Board of Directors Meetings and all submitted committee reports.
5. Chair Audit Meeting to review financial files of the society.
6. Submit a budget recommendation and financial report as requested by the Finance Chair.
7. Transfer files to newly elected President-elect.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame.