New Professional New Member (NPNM)
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President; Board Liaison is Past President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year
ADVISED BY: Past President and Student Activities Chair
A. Serve as a voting member on the ASCLS-MI Board of Directors. 1
B. Act as liaison between NPNM members and the Board of Directors. 1
C. Direct ASCLS-MI approved activities on a NPNM members level.
D. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
E. Submit written report for each ASCLS-MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Student Forum and ASCLS-MI Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS-MI Board Meetings, ASCLS-MI Student Forum and ASCLS-MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Act as the state contact for ASCLS NPNM Chair.
2. Work with Student Activities Committee to:
A. Inform NPNM members in Michigan of ASCLS/ ASCLS-MI and encourage membership.
B. Maintain an ongoing communication with NPNM members by preparing and disseminating communications by means of the Newslinks and/or special means.
C. Arrange for fund raising events to support NPNM member activities.
3. Plan and preside over any NPNM member meetings.
4. Attend the ASCLS annual meeting (end of term) as a delegate. If unable to attend, notify the ASCLS-MI President in a timely manner.
5. Submit budget recommendation and financial report as requested by the Finance Chair.
6. Transfer files to newly elected NPNM..
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame.