Student Event Committee Chair (Mock Exam)
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President; Board Liaison - Past President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year, may be reappointed for a second term; Additional terms must have Board approval.
A. Serve as a non-voting member on the ASCLS -MI Board of Directors.
B. Coordinate Student Event (Mock Exam) activities.
C. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
D. Submit a budget recommendation and financial statement when requested by ASCLS -MI Finance Chair.
E. Submit written reports for each ASCLS -MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS -MI Board Meetings and ASCLS -MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Review, revise and update the Mock Exam.
A. Coordinate volunteers to review, update and prepare additional exam questions.
B. Prepare exam document and respective answer key.
2. Promote and process applications.
A. Solicit registrations from educational and program directors.
B. Prepare and distribute test packets with detailed instructions.
C. Submit article to Newslinks announcing the event.
3. Process exam scoring method/s.
A. Prepare score sheets for submission to scoring office or results data from web-base program
B. Perform statistical analysis of results
C. Identify a suitable method for “tie break” and implement where indicated
D. Send notification of results to educational and program directors.
4. Annual Meeting Activities.
A. Purchase plaques for all First Place winners
B. Prepare certificates for all winners
1. All individual winners
2. Each winning team PLUS a certificate for each member of each wining team.
C. Arrange presentation time with Awards Chair.
5. Work with Awards Chair on article about winners to submit to Newslinks and website.
6. Submit a Request for Reimbursement for expenses to ASCLS -MI Finance Chair.
7. Transfer files to newly appointed chair.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame