Membership Development Committee Chair
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President and Region IV Membership Coordinator Board Liaison – President-Elect
TERM OF OFFICE: Two years, may be reappointed for a second term Additional terms must have Board Approval.
A. Serve as a non-voting member on the ASCLS -MI Board of Directors. 1
B. Coordinate Membership Development activities.
C. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
D. Submit a budget recommendation and financial statement when requested by ASCLS -MI Finance Chair.
E. Submit written reports for each ASCLS -MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS -MI Board Meetings and ASCLS -MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Coordinate membership development activities.
A. Communicate regularly on membership issues with ASCLS and Region IV Membership Chair.
B. Work with District, Student and First Year Professional Representatives to:
1) Retain current members.
2) Convert Student members to First Year Professional members.
3) Recruit new members in all categories.
4) Reinstate lapsed members.
5) Promote and encourage membership in ASCLS/ASCLS -MI.
6) Disseminate pertinent membership information received from ASCLS.
7) Maintain a current and accurate membership directory.
8) Staff, distribute information and answer questions at the Membership Booth at the ASCLS-MI Annual Meeting.
C. Serve as the primary recipient and distributor of ASCLS -MI Membership materials.
1) Serve as the Board appointed recipient of the ASCLS -MI Membership Directory updates from ASCLS.
2) Provide current ASCLS -MI Membership lists to:
a) District Representatives.
b) Student Representative.
c) First Year Professional Representative.
d) Publications Chair.
e) Nominations Chair.
f) Convention Committee Chair and/or ASCLS -MI Meeting Planner.
3) Provide the appropriate Lapsed Member lists to District, Student and First Year Professional Representatives and encourage them to make personal contact withthe lapsed members.4) Maintain a supply of ASCLS Membership applications and other pertinent materials.
2. Communicate with Members on a regular basis.
A. Provide important membership updates via articles in Newslinks and ASCLS -MI Website.
B. Send new member materials to each new member.
C. Develop and administer Member Surveys as needed.
3. Transfer files and supplies to the newly appointed Chair.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES:
Refer to General Time Frame
July/Sept Encourage renewal of membership
Jan/Feb Promote MSCLS Annual Conference
March/April Execute Membership activities at the Annual Conference