RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President and Leadership Development Region IV Board Liaison – Past President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year, may be reappointed for a second term; Additional terms must have Board approval. 1
A. Coordinate Leadership Development efforts of ASCLS -MI.
B. Work closely with President and Board to identify need and opportunity for leadership development.
C. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
D. Attend ASCLS -MI Board Meetings and ASCLS -MI Annual Membership Meeting as needed.
1. Promote Leadership Development.
A. Obtain leadership development materials from ASCLS, Region IV and other sources.
B. Assist the president, officers and committee chairs in mentoring new leaders.
C. Send recognition/appreciation letters..
1) Highlighting accomplishments/contributions of officers, board members, members.
2) To employers, supervisors, administrators.
D. Identify and implement leadership development programs as needed.
2. Distribute recognition approval forms to new BOD, honoree, awardees as indicated.
3. Collaborate with other committees such as Awards and Membership in the promotion of the CLS profession.
4. Transfer files to newly appointed chair.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame.