First Year Professional Representative
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: President; Board Liaison is Past President
TERM OF OFFICE: One year
ADVISED BY: Past President and Student Activities Chair
A. Serve as a voting member on the ASCLS-MI Board of Directors. 1
B. Act as liaison between First Year Professional membership and the Board of Directors. 1
C. Direct ASCLS-MI approved activities on a First Year Professional membership level.
D. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
E. Submit written report for each ASCLS-MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Student Forum and ASCLS-MI Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS-MI Board Meetings, ASCLS-MI Student Forum and ASCLS-MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Act as the state contact for ASCLS First Year Professional Chair.
2. Work with Student Activities Committee to:
A. Inform First Year Professionals in Michigan of ASCLS/ ASCLS-MI and encourage
B. Maintain an ongoing communication with First Year Professional members by preparing and disseminating communications by means of the Newslinks and/or special means.
C. Arrange for fund raising events to support First Year Professional activities.
3. Plan and preside over any First Year Professional member meetings.
4. Attend the ASCLS annual meeting (end of term) as a delegate. If unable to attend, notify the ASCLS-MI President in a timely manner.
5. Submit budget recommendation and financial report as requested by the Finance Chair.
6. Transfer files to newly elected First Year Professional.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame.