Finance Committee Chair
RESPONSIBLE AND REPORTS TO: Treasurer
TERM OF OFFICE: One year, may be reappointed for a second term; Additional terms must have Board approval.
Finance Committee Chair President-Elect
Treasurer Past President
President Board appointed Member-at-Large
A. Serve as a non-voting member on the ASCLS-MI Board of Directors. 1
B. Chair Finance Committee, approve requests for reimbursements/disbursements and prepare annual budget. 1
C. Adhere to the Bylaws and General Operating Policies of this Society.
D. Submit a budget recommendation and financial statement when requested by ASCLS -MI Finance Chair.
E. Submit written reports for each ASCLS -MI Board Meeting and a comprehensive report for the Annual Membership Meeting.
F. Attend all ASCLS -MI Board Meetings and ASCLS -MI Annual Membership Meeting.
1. Process all requests for reimbursement/disbursement
A. Review each request for accuracy of required information and documentation.
1) Form is completed correctly.
2) Required signatures are provided.
3) Receipts are attached.
4) Calculations are correct and valid.
B. Determine that sufficient funds are available in the respective account.
C. Enter data into respective account.
D. Authorize payment by signing the form and entering the balance remaining in the account.
E. Forward approved paperwork and attachments to current ASCLS -MI Treasurer.
F. Any discrepancies must be resolved prior to authorization.
2. Preparation of the ASCLS -MI Annual Budget. Budget must be approved and in place prior to July 31 each year
A. Solicit Budget Request from appropriate Board Officers and Committee Chairs.
1) Provide copy of ASCLS -MI Budget Request form.
2) include basic instructions, deadline and recommend use of strategic plan as a guide.
B. Prepare proposed Budget using:
1) Submitted Budget Request forms
2) The current year-to-date budget
3) Consult with ASCLS regarding site and registration fees for ASCLS Annual Meeting
4) Consult with ASCLS -MI Convention Committee Chair regarding site, hotel rate and registration fees for ASCLS -MI Annual Meeting.
C. Distribute draft of proposed budget to Finance Committee members for review and adjustments.
D. Submit copy of Proposed Budget to board members for review, discussion, revisions and approval at the BOD meeting immediately prior to July 31st.
3. Work closely with ASCLS -MI Treasurer to identify and resolve any discrepancies in financial records.
4. Transfer files and forms to newly appointed chair.
TIME FRAME OF DUTIES: Refer to General Time Frame
May/June Request prepared “Budget Requests” from board members
Prepare draft Budget
Prior to Aug 1 Present draft budget for board approval
Oct/Nov Attend annual audit committee meeting