ASCLS Mission Statement
The mission of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) is to promote the profession of clinical laboratory science and provide beneficial services to those who practice it. To enable its members to provide quality services for all consumers, the society is committed to the continuous quest for excellence in all its activities, and:
- Promotes high standards of practice in the workplace
- Advocates professional autonomy
- Ensures professional competence
- Supports worthy educational efforts at all levels
- Encourages laboratories in their pursuit of expanded roles and responsibilitie
The purposes of ASCLS-Michigan are:
- To promote standards in clinical laboratory methods and research, and in affiliated fields;
- To enhance the professional status and image of its members
- To create mutual understanding and cooperation among the society and its members and all others who are engaged in the interests of individual and public health;
- To be responsible for providing educational programs in the clinical laboratory and related sciences and to assist at maintaining standards of competence at all levels;
- To represent the interests of the clinical laboratory and affiliated professions and the members of the Society in all government and other forums that affect those interests;
- To establish and promote ethical standards for the professions represented; and
- To provide aid and benefit to all members of said professions.
- Our state society's purposes and objectives are similar to those of ASCLS's in order to carry out National's goals and philosophy at our state level.
- Our Society strives to key into our own state members needs when determining short and long range goals for the Society.
- As a constituent society of the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science, ASCLS -MI shares in the following mission statement: